This cap finds itself taking center stage in our African collection. Allow yourself to be mesmerized by these masks from traditional African carvers. The inside features a unique, silvery-gray lining with a satin finish.
African mask carving is a revered, spiritual art, proudly displayed by museums around the world. Our combination of soft, blue-toned gray with creamy white and orange compliment each other perfectly. This cap also features a pale, silvery gray satin lining. The band above the brim is also gray with glossy, navy blue buttons at the corners.
These masks were worn during healing rituals and other social and religious events. Western artists of cubism, expressionism and fauvism styles borrowed heavily from African masks. Yet, African artists are seldom recognized for their contribution. We hope wearing this hat will make you more aware of the contributions of African culture to world art.
Size: Medium for Classic
Small, Medium, and Large for Billed
Outer Fabric: 100% organic cotton, sourced from Mali, Africa,
Lining: Gray satin
• Roomy enough for a large volume of hair and for extensions
• For billed style, the flexible bill flips up to protect face, down to protect eyes and lashes
• Adjustable fit, patented elastic cordlock system, tightens snugly to guarantee minimal leakage
• Environmentally preferable polyurethane laminate, not PVC like most shower caps
• Water cannot soak through
• Soft, flexible to the touch
• Crushable for traveling and packing
• Dries quickly
• Stays on during windy days
• Gray satin lining to reduce hair breakage
• Made in USA